The Technology Steering Committee (TSC) functions as a clearinghouse for the district to ensure that software, hardware and technology equipment purchases can be supported by the Information Technology Department (IT) and fit into the long-term strategic needs of APS. The TSC is comprised of the Division Chiefs, along with the CIO and DOIT Department Head. The committee meets monthly.
Purchases for technology equipment, software, etc. that have district-wide impact must come to TSC for approval prior to purchase and implementation. When considering purchasing new technology, an initiative request must be completed and reviewed by TSC for approval to proceed.
Types of technological software/equipment that should be presented to TSC include:
- Technology-based systems that are not on the district technology picklist
- Any technology-based systems that require significant professional development from district IT staff
- Technology that will require a high level of expertise to support
Types of initiates that would be outside of TSC consideration would include:
- Projects not requiring district technology support or training (consideration must be made for when warranties expire)
- Projects specific to an individual or department
- Projects with no district-wide impact
- Projects with minimum financial requirements
In order to ensure consistency, competitive value and adequate support from our IT Department, all technology equipment must be purchased from the District Technology Pick List. The link to that list is: http://purchasing.aurorak12.org/picklists/
If a school or site is considering purchasing software, hardware or technology equipment that is not on the district pick list, a submittal must be made and approval given by the District Technology Steering Committee. See the following link for the TSC Initiative Form: TECH STEERING COMMITTEE INITIATIVE TEMPLATE
Please contact Claudia Paz-Blossick, assistant to the Chief Information Officer at email@example.com, 303-326-2052, extension 28222 or Katherine Pope Hooper, Director of Information Technology at firstname.lastname@example.org, 303-326-3052, extension 28201 for more information on the Technology Steering Committee.